Commitment Accounting

Important Information for Commitment Accounting Users

Effective July 1, 2018 only valid chart string combinations will be allowed in PeopleSoft.

Department default changes will continue to be entered as they are received in Payroll.

If you have questions about employee charging instructions, or the SWRJ form, please contact Payroll Services at (848) 445-2113 or


The Salary and Wage Redistribution and Justification Application can be used to request a transfer of work effort/costs to alternate funding source(s), only after the payroll has been posted to the General Ledger.

The paper form will no longer be accepted as of March 1, 2018.  For all SWRJs, please use the online application.

The new 2017 Change In Source of Funds form is now available on the Grant and Contract Accounting website. Please see instructions tab on how to complete the form.